Parents have the right to participate in your child’s education
Parents have the right to ask questions
Parents have the right to be a part of the IEP team
Parents have the right to be participate at IEP Team Meetings
Parents have the right to accept the IEP Team Meeting proposal
Parents have the right to have their concerns and vision included in the IEP Team Meeting and Discussions
Parents have the right to an interpreter and to have all important documents translated into their native language
The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act or IDEA created six foundations for Education.
1. Students and Parents have a Right to participate IEP meeting and decisions.
2. Your child has a Right to Appropriate Evaluations
3. A Child has a Right to a Free and Appropriate Public Education
4. Your Child has a Right to be educated in the Least Restrictive Environment
5. A Child with a disability may have a Right to an Individualized Education Program
6. There are Procedural Safeguards to protect parents and your child’s rights