The Six Principles of IDEA
The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act or IDEA created six foundations for Education.
1. Students and Parents have a Right to participate IEP meeting and decisions.
2. Your child has a Right to Appropriate Evaluations
3. A Child has a Right to a Free and Appropriate Public Education
4. Your Child has a Right to be educated in the Least Restrictive Environment
5. A Child with a disability may have a Right to an Individualized Education Program
6. There are Procedural Safeguards to protect parents and your child’s rights